To register on line please use this website:
(1) If you are an IAB member – register as “IAB Member (industry).” There is a $100 registration fee per person. This fee will be used to subsidize all students to attend the dinner on Day 1. Thank you for your generous support!
(2) If you are NOT an IAB member – please register as a “Faculty, Student, Post-doc, NSF, or staff.” No fees for academic and NSF participants.
Orange County John Wayne Airport (SNA) – 3 miles from UCI
Long Beach Airport (LGB) – 25 miles from UCI
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) – 44 miles from UCI
The recommended hotel for this meeting is the Wyndham Irvine. Other hotels can be used, but private vans (UCI Fleet Services) have been arranged for guests staying at the Wyndham Hotel only.
Wyndham Irvine – Orange County Airport
17941 Von Karman Ave, Irvine, CA 92614
(949) 863-1999, Fax: (949) 752-7423
UCI Group Rate: $153/night + tax/fees
On-line hotel reservation before Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at 5:00pm PST:
Alternatively, please call (949) 345-1856 and ask for the “UCI CADMIM Industrial Advisory Board Meeting” group rate.
- Complimentary in-room wireless internet and access to business center.
- Complimentary shuttle service to and from UCI and John Wayne Airport, upon request.
- Overnight self-parking rate of $12 per car, per night for overnight guests.
- NOTE: After January 23, 2018 the above link will be closed, and attendees should contact the Group Sales Manager: Ms. Dawna Lee, tel: 949-471-1250, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MEETING DAY SHUTTLE TRANSPORTATION TO AIRPORT AND HOTEL:
If you will be flying into Orange County John Wayne Airport, a free shuttle is provided by the Wyndham Hotel.
If you will be flying into Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) or Long Beach Airport (LGB) rather than Orange County airport, schedule your ride online at SuperShuttle website: www.supershuttle.com. SuperShuttle offers door to door shared-ride transportation to and from local airports.
UCI Charter/Shuttle Information:
Private vans (UCI Fleet Services, photo below) have been arranged to transport guests between UCI, John Wayne Airport, and Wyndham Hotel in Irvine for both meeting days. Vans will pick up guests in front of the hotel in the morning. Vans will also take guests back to John Wayne Airport and the hotel at the conclusion of the meeting on Day 2.
SHUTTLE SCHEDULE: Shuttle_Schedule_Feb2018
Shuttle will drop off and pick up in the parking lot of the University Club, next to Calit2 (see map below, under “Parking and Driving Instructions”).
PARKING AND DRIVING INSTRUCTIONS:
Parking will be provided in the Anteater Parking Structure in the mornings on both meeting days. Parking is free at the UCI Applied Innovation (the Cove) during the evening poster session and dinner.
To get to the Anteater Parking Structure and obtain a permit:
- From East Peltason turn on Anteater Drive into the Anteater Parking Structure (there is a stop light at the intersection)
- Get a permit from the kiosk at the entrance to the structure. Tell the attendant you are here for the “CADMIM IAB Meeting.” If there is no parking attendant, use the automated machine near the kiosk to obtain a single day parking permit.
- Once you park, walk down East Peltason to the California Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology (Calit2) Building (#325 on map)
- Entrance to the building faces away from the street (see below). Once you enter the building you will be in the Atrium.
Parking map for morning Day 1 and 2. Parking is provided in the Anteater Parking Structure (APS). Follow dotted line to walk to Calit2. Shuttle will drop off and pick up in the parking lot of the University Club, next to Calit2. (click map to enlarge)
To drive to UCI Applied Innovation for the evening poster session and dinner, follow the directions below:
- Exit Anteater Parking Structure onto Anteater Drive. (see map below, red dotted line)
- Turn right onto E. Peltason Drive.
- Turn left onto Bison Avenue
- Turn right onto California Avenue
- Make the first left into University Research Park. 5141 California Avenue will be on the left.
- Parking is free in the lot.
- Enter 5141 California Avenue from the parking lot.
- UCI Applied Innovation Center is in Suite 200 (second floor).
NOTE to IAB members:
Please bring a portable computer or tablet to this meeting to provide real-time, on-line project feedback via the NSF LIFE forms. Smartphones will also work (iPhone, Android, etc.) but it may be more difficult to enter data. Wireless internet will be available during the entire meeting.
To view meeting LIFE forms, see here: iucrc.com