COVID-19 GUIDELINES FOR VISITORS:
The University of California, Irvine has issued the following guidelines for visitors to campus: https://uci.edu/coronavirus/visitors/index.php
Please register for this meeting here: Spring 2023 IAB Meeting Registration
Registration fee is $100 for Industrial Advisory Board members.
Orange County John Wayne Airport (SNA) – 3 miles from UCI
Long Beach Airport (LGB) – 25 miles from UCI
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) – 44 miles from UCI
The recommended hotel for this meeting is the Sonesta Irvine. Other hotels can be used, but private transportation (UCI Fleet Services) have been arranged for guests staying at the Sonesta Hotel only.
Sonesta Irvine – Orange County Airport
17941 Von Karman Ave, Irvine, CA 92614
(949) 863-1999, Fax: (949) 752-7423
CADMIM Group Rate = $169/night + tax
Group Rate Cutoff Date: February 1, 2023.
Hotel website/ online reservations: Sonesta Hotel Reservation Link
** Please mention “UCI CADMIM Industrial Advisory Board Meeting Group” if making reservation by phone.
- Complimentary in-room wireless internet and access to business center
- Complimentary shuttle service to and from UCI and John Wayne Airport, upon request
- Overnight self-parking rate of $12 per car, per night for overnight guests
- NOTE: After Feb. 1 the above link will be closed, and attendees should contact the sales manager: Ms. Gayle Moro, 949-471-1258, GMoro@sonesta.com
MEETING LOCATIONS ON UCI CAMPUS:
On Feb. 23 we’ll start in the Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Building (ISEB), building #419 on campus map (see below). Meeting will take place in the Colloquium Room 1010 (ground floor) and in the outdoor plaza on the ground floor. Building weblink: https://iseb.uci.edu/
The evening poster session and entire Feb. 24 agenda will take place at UCI Beall Applied Innovation (the Cove). 5270 California Ave #100, Irvine, CA 92617.
If you will be flying into Orange County John Wayne Airport (SNA), the Sonesta Hotel has a complimentary shuttle.
If you will be flying into Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) or Long Beach Airport (LGB), schedule your ride online at SuperShuttle: www.supershuttle.com. SuperShuttle offers door to door shared-ride transportation to and from local airports. Uber and Lyft are also options.
UCI Charter/Shuttle Information:
Private shuttles and vans have been arranged to transport guests between UCI, John Wayne Airport, ISEB, UCI Beall Applied Innovation, and the Sonesta Hotel in Irvine during the days of the meeting. Shuttle schedule is below and here for download: Shuttle Schedule Spring2023
February 23, 2023 – Day 1 – Large shuttle
- 7:45 am – Pick up guests in front of the Sonesta Hotel, 17941 Von Karman Avenue, Irvine, CA 92614
- 8:05 am – Arrive at Parking Lot 12A, next to ISEB. CADMIM IAB Meeting will be held in ISEB Colloquium 1010 (first floor)
- 4:15 pm – Shuttle arrives at Parking Lot 12A to take guests to UCI Beall Applied Innovation, 5270 California Ave #100, Irvine, CA 92617
- 4:45 pm – Shuttle arrives at Parking Lot 12A to take guests to UCI Beall Applied Innovation.
- 8:00 pm – Shuttle arrives at UCI Beall Applied Innovation to take guests back to Sonesta Hotel
February 24, 2023 – Day 2 – 2 minivans
- 7:45 am – Pick up guests in front of the Sonesta Hotel, 17941 Von Karman Ave, Irvine, CA 92614
- 8:05 am – Arrive at UCI Beall Applied Innovation.
- 11:00 am – Shuttles return to UCI Beall Applied Innovation to take guests to John Wayne Airport
- 11:30 am – Shuttles return to UCI Beall Applied Innovation to take guests to John Wayne Airport.
- 12:00 pm – Shuttles return to UCI Beall Applied Innovation to take guests to John Wayne Airport.
PARKING AND DRIVING INSTRUCTIONS:
For reference, UCI Campus maps can be downloaded here: UCI_maps
Parking Instructions (Day 1, Feb. 23, 2022):
Refer to UCI campus map (see map below – click to enlarge): Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Building (ISEB) is building #419. Parking will be provided on both meeting days. A separate permit must be obtained for each day.
- From East Peltason turn on Anteater Drive into the Anteater Parking Structure (there is a stop light at the intersection)
- Get a permit from the kiosk at the entrance to the structure. Tell the attendant you are here for the “CADMIM IAB Meeting, Reservation number 145262.” If there is no parking attendant, use the automated machine near the kiosk to obtain a single day parking permit.
- At this point you have 2 choices: park in APS and walk to ISEB (follow green dotted line), or park in lot 12A next to ISEB. To get to Lot 12A, turn out of APS onto Anteater Drive, turn right on East Peltason Drive, then turn right on Michael Drake Drive. Take this road all the way to the end, and turn right into Lot 12A (follow red dotted line). If you park in Lot 12A, you must first obtain a permit from the Anteater Parking Structure kiosk!
- Entrance to the ISEB is inside the plaza (see map below – click to enlarge).
- Note – the evening portion will take place at UCI Beall Applied Innovation. 5270 California Ave #100, Irvine, CA 92617. Parking is free in front of the building. See driving and parking map for Day 2 below.
Parking Instructions (Day 2, Feb. 24, 2022):
This portion of the meeting will take place at UCI Beall Applied Innovation. 5270 California Ave #100, Irvine, CA 92617. Parking is free in front of the building. See map below.
Wireless internet will be available during the entire meeting.
IAB MEMBERS: Please bring a portable computer or tablet to this meeting to provide real-time, on-line project feedback via the NSF LIFE forms. Smartphones will also work (iPhone, Android, etc.) but it may be more difficult to enter data.
To view meeting LIFE forms, see here: iucrc.com