COVID-19 GUIDELINES FOR VISITORS:
The University of California, Irvine has issued the following guidelines for visitors to campus: https://uci.edu/coronavirus/visitors/index.php
Please register for this meeting here: Spring 2022 IAB Meeting Registration
Registration fee is $100 for Industrial Advisory Board members.
Orange County John Wayne Airport (SNA) – 3 miles from UCI
Long Beach Airport (LGB) – 25 miles from UCI
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) – 44 miles from UCI
The recommended hotel for this meeting is the Sonesta Irvine (formerly Wyndham Irvine). Other hotels can be used, but private vans (UCI Fleet Services) have been arranged for guests staying at the Sonesta Hotel only.
Sonesta Irvine – Orange County Airport
17941 Von Karman Ave, Irvine, CA 92614
(949) 863-1999, Fax: (949) 752-7423
CADMIM Group Rate = $145/night + tax
Group Rate Cutoff Date: February 1, 2022
Hotel website/ online reservations: coming soon!
** Please mention “UCI CADMIM Industrial Advisory Board Meeting Group” if making reservation by phone.
- Complimentary in-room wireless internet and access to business center
- Complimentary shuttle service to and from UCI and John Wayne Airport, upon request
- Overnight self-parking rate of $12 per car, per night for overnight guests
- NOTE: After Feb. 1 the above link will be closed, and attendees should contact the sales manager: Ms. Dawna Lewis, 949-471-1256, Donna.Lewis@sonesta.com
If you will be flying into Orange County John Wayne Airport (SNA), the Sonesta Hotel has a complimentary shuttle.
If you will be flying into Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) or Long Beach Airport (LGB), schedule your ride online at SuperShuttle: www.supershuttle.com. SuperShuttle offers door to door shared-ride transportation to and from local airports. Uber and Lyft are also options.
UCI Charter/Shuttle Information:
Private shuttles and vans have been arranged to transport guests between UCI, John Wayne Airport, University Club, and the Sonesta Hotel in Irvine during the days of the meeting. Shuttle schedule is below and here for download: coming soon!
February 16, 2022 – Day 1
- 7:15 am – Pick up guests in front of the Sonesta Hotel (17941 Von Karman Avenue, Irvine, CA 92614)
- 7:35 am – UCI shuttles arrive at UCI University Club Parking Lot, next to Calit2 Building where CADMIM IAB Meeting will be held in the Auditorium (801 East Peltason Drive, Irvine, CA 92697) – see map below, click to enlarge.
- 8:30 pm – Pick up guests at UCI University Club Parking Lot to take guests back to Sonesta Hotel
February 17, 2022 – Day 2
- 7:30 am – Pick up guests in front of the Sonesta Hotel
- 7:50 am – UCI shuttles arrive at at Parking Lot 12A. Short walk to ISEB building, Colloquium Room 1200 (see map below, click to enlarge)
- 12:00 pm – UCI shuttles return to at Parking Lot 12A to take guests to John Wayne Airport or Sonesta Hotel.
- 1:00 pm – UCI shuttles return to at Parking Lot 12A to take guests to John Wayne Airport or Sonesta Hotel.
- 1:30 pm – UCI shuttles return to at Parking Lot 12A to take guests to John Wayne Airport or Sonesta Hotel.
PARKING AND DRIVING INSTRUCTIONS:
For reference, UCI Campus maps can be downloaded here: UCI_maps
Parking Instructions (Both days):
- From East Peltason turn on Anteater Drive into the Anteater Parking Structure (there is a stop light at the intersection)
- Get a permit from the kiosk at the entrance to the structure. Tell the attendant you are here for the “CADMIM IAB Meeting.” If there is no parking attendant, use the automated machine near the kiosk to obtain a single day parking permit.
- Once you park, walk down East Peltason to the California Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology (Calit2) Building (#325 on map, follow green dotted line) or Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Building (ISEB, #419 on map, follow yellow dotted line). Click map below to enlarge.
Wireless internet will be available during the entire meeting.
IAB MEMBERS: Please bring a portable computer or tablet to this meeting to provide real-time, on-line project feedback via the NSF LIFE forms. Smartphones will also work (iPhone, Android, etc.) but it may be more difficult to enter data.
To view meeting LIFE forms, see here: iucrc.com