- As a reminder the facility will experience a power shut down by Facilities on Oct 6th from 8am – 5pm. This will impact all the equipment within the INRF facility. The equipment will have to be started up again and we will do our best to have it up by Monday.
- The Chill water upgrade that supports the thermal evaporator, STS, Plasma therm – the plumbing and filter reconfiguration has been completed.
- Unfortunately the recirculating pump is too small to support all three tools at the same time and will have to be replaced. At the present time the Plasma therm and Thermal evaporator are back online.
- STS-ICP will remain off line until the new pump is installed on the chill water system. We are also in the process of replacing the low conductivity pump that supports the RF system.
- ION milling – We performed a test run on the system Wednesday evening and are still experiencing problems with emission current. The problems seem to be located in the power supply. We will continue looking into the problem as time allows.