We have new training videos posted on the INRF website. The videos go through standard safety and operating procedures of the INRF and BiON tools. The videos can be found by visiting the INRF homepage at:
and clicking on Video Tutorials & Demos link under the Current Users heading.
Or by visiting the page directly at: http://www.inrf.uci.edu/facility/videos/
More videos will be added soon.
For those seeking a job opportunity. A previous user of our cleanroom has informed us of an open position his company is recruiting for. If interested, see the details below:
Oxford Nanopore Technologies is seeking a nanofabrication expert to join the solid-state nanopore research group, based in Cambridge, MA (USA). Candidates should have particular expertise in the hands-on design and fabrication of micro- or nano-scale sensors.
The role will involve the fabrication and refinement of the company’s existing research-phase solid-state nanopore sensor chips. As these fabrication processes mature, the role will also involve transitioning them to internal technicians and external contractors. The nanofabrication expert will also play a key role in the sensor design team, working with a device physics expert to develop next generation sensors.
The role will require working closely with the measurement team to identify and solve problems and improve performance. A willingness to build an understanding of how the fabricated devices operate in practice is essential.
• A PhD (or equivalent experience) involving extensive nano and/or semiconductor fabrication
• At least two years design, fabrication and measurement experience on nanoelectronic, MEMS or FET sensors
• At least two years fabrication experience with hands-on, research scale facilities, including photolithography, e-beam lithography, and wet and dry processing techniques
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Must have an aptitude for independent research in addition to working well within a team
• The ability to think and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• Strong communication skills
• Proficiency in English
• Experience with nanoelectronic sensors in solution environments
• Expertise in high-resolution transmission electron microscopy (HRTEM)
• Semiconductor device physics expertise, particularly on sensor design, simulation and optimization
• Experience in nanopore fabrication and sensing
Please also indicate if you are eligible to work in the US, and whether this is temporary or permanent eligibility.
Applications can be submitted at: https://www.nanoporetech.com/careers/job-centre/view/177
Everything except for the PECVD will remain functional while they are away.
Fatima Ibrahim from EH&S will be at todays User Meeting to discuss PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). We encourage you to attend.
A few things from last night:
- Both spinners were left on
- A curing oven door was left open
- One of the flammable cabinets in the hot embossing area was left open
- We are accumulating beakers again on various benches in the BiON lab. These need to be put away when finished.
This is all unacceptable behavior. Please respect the lab.
There will be no “User Meeting” today. The next meeting will be held next week at the normal time.
The STS is down due to RF Tuner not functioning correctly. Jake will take a look at it tomorrow when he gets in. Hopefully this is quick fix.
AB&M UV Flood Exposure System is up. Please check the log book to see the power intensity.
We received the Flow Switch for the Trion and now it just needs to be installed. We will update you when the equipment is up.